Ginger Lemon shot recipe – Small shot, Great benefits
Ginger shot recipes are extremely tasty and nutritious. If you have not yet tried it, you should definitely give it a shot.
Ginger is a favorite ingredient in most of our juice recipes we drink daily.
Fresh ginger tastes appealingly aromatic, spicy, tangy, fresh and hot.
Ginger can be combined with almost any other vegetable and fruit.
Ginger is classified as an aromatic bitter herb and belongs to the same family as turmeric and cardamom. And like its cousins, ginger is very nutrient dense.
Ginger shot benefits
It has been said that “a ginger shot a day keeps illness away.” The main benefits of ginger juice are because it contains several volatile, essential oils and other aromatic compounds contained in the root. Even a small daily ginger shot brings remarkable health benefits. Ginger shots are extremely beneficial for the digestive tract and a great support for the gut colony of friendly bacteria.
A few health benefits of fresh ginger
- Proven far superior to lansoprazole used in prescription drugs for preventing ulcers
- Alleviates symptoms of arthritis far more effective than prescription drugs
- Relieving soreness from exercise (3 grams daily, less than a teaspoon)
- Can significantly lower inflammation markers in the body
- Protecting against toxic effects of environmental chemicals
- Antiviral, antiseptic, antihistamine and anti-inflammatory
- Treats asthma symptoms (increased airflow)
- Enhancing fat digestion and absorption
- Protecting against respiratory viruses
- Beneficial for the digestive tract
- Inhibiting the growth of cancer
- Suppressing helicobacter pylori
- Improving cognitive function
- Preventing atherosclerosis
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Excellent heart medicine
- A natural antibiotic
- Controlling hunger
- Much more…
Ginger Lemon shot recipe
Use organic ingredients if you can.
Organic produce taste better and contain fewer pesticides.
Organic ginger has a fuller and more intense taste so you don’t need as much. As many nutrients are contained in the peel, don’t peel organic ginger root, just rinse it. Organic lemons also taste great in shots. Try juicing the lemon with the peel for a zestier shot.
If you’ve not tried a ginger shot before, you might want to add less ginger and try the ginger/apple shot first.
Ginger Lemon Shot (one shot; really wakes you up!)Lemon Ginger Shot
½-1 lemon (or 1-2 lime)
A chunk of ginger (1 inch)
A little cayenne pepper (optional)
A few drops of liquid Stevia (optional)
This is a great shot before breakfast as it awakens the stomach fluids. But it can be taken anytime during the day. The ginger lemon shot cleanses, detoxifies and boosts the body’s metabolism. Some people report that this ginger shot recipe alleviates digestive problems. Leave the lemon rind on for a more zesty and bitter shot. Juice the ginger first then the lemon as the lemon washes out the ginger left in the juicer. Pour the shot up and sprinkle cayenne on top for more bite.
Source – Probioticscenter