Enough for: 2-4 persons
takes: 10 minutes + 6 hours freezing
- 1 can coconut cream, unsweetened (400mL)
- 1 ripe pear or banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- stevia, maple syrup, palmsugar or erythritol (optional).
How to prepare
- Place coconut cream in an ice tray. Place in the freezer until frozen, about 6 hours.
- Chop pear or banana (peeling banana first) into chunks and place in another ziplock bag. Freeze.
- About 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve the sorbet, remove the coconut cream and fruit from the freezer.
- Remove coconut from the tray and place in a food processor along with the frozen fruit.
- Whizz with the vanilla (if using) until you have a soft-serve sorbet consistency. This will take a while so be patient. If it’s not coming together add a few tablespoons water to hasten the process.
- Taste and add your preferred sweetener (if needed). When you’re happy, serve asap or place in a container and return to the freezer for up to an hour. Longer than this and your sorbet will start to turn icy but will still be edible.